26th November - Jeffery's Bay to Storms River Valley (Day 2)

So the morning started well when the King of George (Deano Hahn) slipped me some of his rocket fuel. I managed to stay with the bunch for the first 50kms before I needed "little" pushes.

The funniest thing said today was Eugene to Chas. The exchange went something like this... "Antonio you may think you look like a Prince on a horse in Joburg, but you like a P**s on Donkey when you ride with real roadies". Needless to say, these two guys are close personal friends. I apologise for the profanity but what I have conveyed really is some of the milder (yet funny) stuff that passes as conversation when doing these long rides.

A close second to the above was when two mysterious riders (Julian Bryant and The Bullet) shot way ahead of the pack to kill the boredom factor only to realise that Cesar would probably roast them later that night, so being clever they decided to duck into the bush ahead to hide and to come out and join the peloton from behind once it had passed. (Some say that they secretly snuck into bushes for extra mural activities - I would not like to be the one to fan this fire though.)

As a group we all had another good day on the bike. To be fair it was rolling hills stuff with only two climbs. Also only 110kms. Tomorrow we do over 150kms. This should break a couple of us including yours truly but I am not going to give up until I fall off.


Story of the day was when Capt Kevin added to his superb support effort on the bike with world class spading at the pool… Ipod in one ear and the bling around his neck… Soon he was wrapping with them and laying out the moves. Word has it that Elizabete wants to now move to SA to be a cashier in his restaurant!!

After the couple of beers at the pool this afternoon, a bunch of us headed down to the Storms River mouth. It is really beautiful down there. This coastline is really amazing stuff and I have traveled the better part of the coastline from south coast of New South Wales through to the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane.

The models on tour also did a Three Wise Monkey's sketch of "Hear, See and Speak" no evil:

I am freaking tired and seriously started hitting a wall about an hour ago. Thanks to The Silent Assassin's (Laurence Morris) recovery drink I am able to eek out a few words for the blog. The fans are demanding that I write and make them famous so hopefully I have done a little of that tonight.

So we have just finished dinner (I have been writing this in between mouthfuls) and fines are on... will update you on those tomorrow if there are any funny ones. The Bullet is giving me bedroom eyes so I need to go now...

No comments: