Making a Difference - Peri Style


So we (41 of us; mostly Nandos employees) are doing a ride from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town in the name of charity, specially an AIDS iniatitive that was the brain child of Cesar Dias the diminutive coastal MD of Nandos. The aim is to raise money to support the fulfillment of that policy.

The initiative encourages staff members to get tested for HIV. Should they test positive, Nandos commits to paying for all medical bills and ARV’s while the employees get better. They then promise to send food parcels home while the staff convalesce. Also very important, is to let the employees know that they will not loose their jobs - far from it, the company wants them to get better so they can remain part of the Nandos family into the future.

I did last year’s ride, so I guess I would be classified as a "veteran". I would agree. But not because of my experience - rather because I will be riding at a level poorer than that of an octogenarian. Nonetheless, I am super excited to be apart of the team again this year, and I know my company Internet Solutions is very proud to sponsor this event for the third year in a row.

3 comments:

Claudette said...

Good Luck, en moenie weg waai nie. Claudette (Janine's sister)

Anonymous said...

Good on you Justin.. Beers, Nandos and the ocean breeze...Nice

Drinnie said...

Ahoi MAD Cyclists Ahoi!

Your extra hot thighs has raised R270 047.00 three days into the ride! The Nandocas in our restuarants are all crowing how you Make A Difference to our people that are HIV+.
Ride strong
Drinnie